Whether you are trying to reduce lower back pain, get rid of love handles, get rid of belly fat, or just want toned and more defined abs, working the core is the way out. So, why not start a 30 days AB Challenge Workout Plan?
The core is the powerhouse that holds the body intact. As the midsection, the core connects the upper and lower body making them move effectively. Therefore a stronger core means a more efficient and pain-free movement.
The core does not consist of the abdominal muscles alone but also includes the lower back and the hips.
Listen up! Do you want to work out your core so you can become your better version?
The post pregnancy effect in the body can drive you crazy. I don’t know what your goals are but this may be an opportunity to show the world you can still be sexy and stronger than ever.
Sticking to this challenge might get difficult at some point because of the lack of time, procrastination, the kids, meals. I know because I’ve been there!!.
But women, I also know discipline is one of the greatest barriers that prevent us from achieving our goals.
What May Help You?
Set up your daily routine when the ideas are clear and stronger. Start Now!
- Prepare your monthly diet. It is key for weight loss to eat consciously so, ask yourself what are you going to eat in this month’s challenge?
- At what time are you going to exercise? is it early in the morning or after work? It helps if you tell yourself “I am not going to bed without my daily workout”.
- Write down three strong reasons why you want to achieve this goal. Be clear because your reason has power and is the reason that will drive your decisions going forward.
Should I Try this Challenge?
Aside from toning your abs, this challenge is going to help you in almost all the activities you do: It will improve your posture, boost energy, reduce stress, improves flexibility and mobility. You will be thankful in the long run because it may be easier to bend, lift, twist, carry, and even mopping. So strengthening the core will make you more functional and effective.
And if lack of motivation is what’s keeping you behind, I hope you find it reading this post or talking to your friends after this. Remember you are the person who chooses your life direction!
What are you getting if you stick to it?
This challenge may be the beginning of your new and healthy lifestyle. As a reward, you will get a more defined and sexier ab.
You might envy the toned and slim abs of the likes of Beyonce, the Kardashians, and so on, but it takes a lot of effort, commitment, and dedication for those people to achieve that. So to get what you want, you have to make some sacrifices and in this case, your dedication is all that is needed.
What Do You Need For This Challenge
This challenge has been set up in a way that requires the use of no gym equipment so you can perform it anywhere, even on the go. And each exercise in this challenge has been specifically chosen to target the three muscles of the abdomen; the rectus abdominis (the six-pack muscles), the transverse abdominis (the deep corseting muscles that support your spine), and the obliques (aka love handles).
NOTE: This challenge can be taken by anyone, whether you are a beginner, intermediate, or pro you can always join this challenge.
Each week comes with 5 days of ab training, a day of HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training), and a resting day because like other body muscles, the abs also need rest. But if you are worried about over-exerting your Abs muscles, let go of the thought as ab muscles heal faster than other body muscles.
The following are the exercise guides then followed by the 30-day challenge itself. Here is the downloadable pdf format which can be printed for you to tick off each day you complete the challenge.
Ab exercise guides
- Get into a tabletop position with your shoulders directly above your wrists and hips in line with your knees.
- Straighten your right leg directly behind you while extending your left hand in front of you.
- Return to starting position.
- Alternate by raising your left leg and right hand simultaneously.
- Return to starting position. That is one rep.
- Lie face up and rest the back with hands behind your head, elbows out.
- Raise your legs and begin to reach each elbow toward the opposite knee, extending the other leg out.
- You can add resistance bands to make it more challenging. Click here to see the use of resistance bands.
- Sit with only your butt supporting your body.
- Bend legs at the knees and hold your feet above the ground.
- Lean back so your upper body is at a 45-degree angle to the floor.
- Clamp your hands in front of your chest.
- Twist your torso to the left bringing your left shoulder to the floor.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Lie faceup and bring your legs together keeping them as straight as you can.
- Raise your legs till they are perpendicular to your body.
- Lower your feet to the ground without allowing them to touch the ground.
- Hold the position for a second then bring your legs back up. That is one rep.
- Get on all fours in a straight arm plank position.
- Bring one knee toward your chest making sure to keep your back straight.
- Hold the position for a few seconds.
- Return to the starting position and repeat for the other knee.
- Get into a forearm plank position with your shoulders in line with your elbows and forearms parallel to each other on the ground.
- Push the ground with your right arm, straighten your right arm into a high plank, followed by your left arm immediately.
- Then, bring your right forearm to the ground and then your left forearm. This is one rep.
HIIT exercise guides
- From a standing position, drop into a press-up position and do a press-up.
- From the upper press-up position, jump your feet back to your hands, your hands still on the ground.
- Raise your hands and stand up.
- Leap straight up. Land softly and repeat.
- From a standing position, jump as high as you can, lifting your knees towards your chest.
- Land softly and repeat.
- From a press-up position, jump both legs forwards so that your feet land outside your hands.
- Then jump your feet back to starting position.
- Start by standing straight in a position.
- Run-on the same spot, bringing your knees as close to your chest as possible.
30-day ab Challenge
The core as mentioned earlier is a key body part that requires strengthening for us to carry out most of our daily activities with ease. Everyone needs a strong core. A strong core not only eases your functionality but alleviates back pain, and is even helpful for pregnant women as it would ease delivery. Completing this challenge would be a great stepping stone for you in your journey towards a stronger core.
As said earlier, dedication plays a huge role in ensuring the completion of this challenge. The key is not to give up and with time it will become part of daily routine. You can ask friends, colleagues, or family members to join in this challenge. Let the spirit of winning push you to complete this challenge.